Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Colbie Caillat - Try

July 16th, 2014
Fayetteville, AR
3:51 pm
Age: 20

Colbie Caillat - Try


This is probably one of the most powerful videos I have seen in a long time. I love the message it has and I love that you can see the women take their make-up off. It shows how much stuff is pilled on our faces. It is unbelievable and actually kind of gross. 
Don't get me wrong, please don't. I love make-up! I think it is so much fun! I have tons of friends who are make-up gurus (Megan, Daniela, and Natalie, I am looking at you loves!). They are so pretty and so gifted with this art. Because that is what make-up is. Make-up is art. But that isn't the message this video is trying to send. 
It also isn't trying to show that women wear make-up for MEN! Don't you dare be so selfish to say that I wear my lipstick, eyeliner, and mascara to get you all hot a bothered. I don't give a damn what you think. I wear make-up to impress other girls more than anything. It is a competition. That is what the video is talking about. 
Women are other women's worst enemies, along with ourselves. I compare myself so much to other women. It doesn't really even cross my mind that men will notice too. I want to look just as good as those other girls. I want my skin to be just a clear as theirs. I want my eyelashes to be as full and long. I want to be as thin. But you know what? That probably isn't what they really look like. Sometimes, I just can't help it. 
Now, I know this has sounded pretty sexist. Suck it up for now, okay? This video isn't about men or their views so anyone who tries to bring up men's rights and their pressures needs to sit down for a moment. This isn't about men, let us have our turn. 
I wear heals to impress other girls. I wear make-up so they acknowledge that I am just as pretty as them. I wear these close so that I fit in with what other women say is 'beautiful'.
This video is about destroying that. Destroying what someone else tells you that you need to look like. 

Don't listen to those girls. Don't listen to those boys. Don't listen to those shows. Don't listen to that magazine. 

Do you like you? Because that is what matters. 
People are going to say that I am a hypocrite and whatever (haters gonna hate. no matter what). Yes in most of my Facebook photos I have make-up on. I have a make-up board on Pinterest. So what? 
But here, I know I posted this photo a couple days ago when I got my hair cut . . .


. . . yes, I have make-up on. My nails are done, my piercings are in. I thought I looked pretty damn cute. But no, this isn't what I look like when I wake up in the morning (unless I am lazy and just didn't take my make-up off the night before. Don't judge. All women have done it!) 
But here. I did it. I took a 'selfie' with no make-up, hair naturally dried, all I did was comb it a little when I got out of the shower. Here it is lovelies. This is what I look like when I get out of the shower, bright and shiny and new again. 


I've got acne, my eyebrows aren't full, my eyes don't stand out, blah blah blah! Who cares! My hair does this adorable little flip when it drys naturally. My cheeks look round and cute when I smile without make-up because I haven't contoured my cheekbones. I CAN RUB MY EYES WHEN THEY ITCH!!!! And I still look pretty damn cute. 

This is what the video is talking about. YOU loving YOU. Not caring about the boys, or girls, or magazines, or celebrities, or TV shows, or Photoshop. 

YOU LOVING YOU

So, you love you. If that means wearing make-up, you wing that eyeliner! If that means working out, you work those muscles! If that means tattoos, you get those tats! Just love yourself. I know the struggle. Anyone with the history of an eating disorder knows the struggle. It takes work, but you can get there. I have faith in you. 

Also, this is a kick ass song. 

You go Colbie Caillat. I applaud you. 

My rant is over. I leave you all a picture and all my love, 
Katie 

This is the face I make to bother my mom.
I think it is hilarious, she hyperventilates.



No comments:

Post a Comment